Guest post by Ashley Furness of Software Advice
When Microsoft announced plans to buy enterprise social network Yammer recently I was a little stunned. The reported $1.2-billion acquisition price tag seemed like a lot for simply replicating social networking functions in the business environment. Would companies really achieve ROI? Or would it be more of a “distraction,” as one user told me?
I was recently asked to join a group of experts to contribute thoughts on trends driving the evolution of CRM over the next five years. I must say, that it’s a group of individuals whom I not only respect, but also am lucky enough to know in the real world.
– Ray Wang, Principal Analyst & CEO at Constellation Research
– Brent Leary, Owner at CRM Essentials
– Esteban Kolsky, Principal & Founder at ThinkJar LLC
– Denis Pombriant, CEO at Beagle Research Group, LLC
– Paul Greenberg, Owner at The 56 Group, LLC