I joined Chris Heuer and Shel Holtz for the latest edition of the NMRCast (New Media Release) for Shel’s award-winning For Immediate Release (FIR) podcast.
NMRCast #6 – Business Wire Joins the Group is available online here.
Content summary: Just a brief update about the status of the working group, Chris’s efforts to attend the XPRL working group meeting in London, and Business Wire’s involvement.
Participants: Chris Heuer, Brian Solis, Shel Holtz.
In This Edition:
New Media Release wiki
Google Groups mailing list for New Media Release discussion (please join!)
History: The series was inspired by Tom Foremski’s original post, Die Press Release, Die Die Die, where he tells the PR industry that things cannot go along as they are . . . business as usual while mainstream media goes to hell in a hand basket. Foremski has even offered advice on how to create a better press release:
- Provide a brief description of what the announcement is, but leave the spin to the journalists. The journalists are going to go with their own spin on the story anyway, so why bother? Keep it straightforward rather than spintastic.
- Provide a brief description of what the announcement is, but leave the spin to the journalists. The journalists are going to go with their own spin on the story anyway, so why bother?
- Keep it straightforward rather than spintastic.
- Provide a page of quotes from the CEO or other C-level execs.
- Provide a page of quotes from customers, if applicable.
- Provide a page of quotes from analysts, if applicable.\Provide financial information in many different formats.
- Provide many links inside the press release copy, and also provide a whole page of relevant links to other news stories or reference sources.
- And tag everything so that I can pre-assemble my stories.
Tags: NMR, social media club, shel holtz, chris heuer, tom foremski, FIR, silicon valley watcher, SES, search engine strategies, hrelease, san jose new media, new PR, futureworks, pr2.0, pr 2.0, pr, public relations, press release, brian solis, podcast, SEO digitalpr onlinepr, businesswire, prnewswire, marketwire, prweb
Leave a Reply