10 quotes by Brian Solis on the Future of Business from Prezly
Every now and then, I receive a nice surprise that gives me pause. Today is one such moment. I hope you don’t mind, but I wanted to share it with you.
The team over at Prezly put together a wonderful Slideshare that features some key quotes from my last three books Engage, The End of Business as Usual and What’s the Future of Business (WTF). I could only imagine how much time that took to collect. It really is quite a feat.
Without further ado, here are the quotes Prezly found most interesting…
The Top 10 Quotes on the Future of Business
2009: Engage, The complete guide for businesses to build, cultivate and measure success in the new web
1) “Social media is less about technology and more about anthropology, sociology, and ethnography.”
2) “Social media sparked a revelation that we, the people, have a voice. Through the democratization of ideas, we can once again unite around common passions, inspire movements and ignite change…without the need for traditional intermediaries.”
3) “Social media is the democratization of information, transforming people from content readers into publishers. It is the shift from a broadcast mechanism, one-to-many, to a many-to-many model, rooted in conversations between authors, people and peers.”
2011: The End of Business as Usual, Rewire the way you work to succeed in the consumer revolution
4) “Each business is a victim of Digital Darwinism, the evolution of consumer behavior when society and technology evolve faster than the ability to exploit it. Digital Darwinism does not discriminate.”
5) “Businesses are no longer the sole creator of a brand; it is co-created by consumers through shared experiences and defined by the results of online searches and conversations.”
6) “Shared experiences are forms of social currency. People share things to show their friends that they’re investing in the conversation. Shared experiences can be shaped and steered.”
2012: What’s the Future of Business, Changing the way businesses create experiences
7) “Welcome to a new era of marketing and service in which your brand is defined by those who experience it.”
8) “To succeed in the business of the future, we have to become the very people we’re trying to reach.”
9) “The only way to understand new culture and behavior is to go native. Going native refers to the process of observing, learning, and deepening the involvement of an anthropologist with their hosts and their hosts’ cultures through long-term fieldwork and participation.”
10) “The bottom line is that people are seeking answers and direction, not messages or sales pitches.”
Thanks to the Prezly team for taking the time to assemble some of my hard work over the years!
What is Prezly? Prezly is a PR toolkit that gives users everything they need to share important news with important media contacts.
Connect with me:
Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+ |Youtube | Instagram
10 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “10 Quotes on The Future of Business”