by Ashley Taylor Anderson, excerpt
The words “inspiring” and “B2B” may not seem like they belong together in the same headline. B2B companies have gotten a bad rap when it comes to marketing campaigns, and that rap isn’t entirely undeserved. Our products and services usually aren’t very sexy, and trying to make them sexy with marketing can be challenging, to say the least.
That said, creative marketers have succeeded in creating inspiring marketing content for their brands. Here are 5 of my favorite B2B marketing campaigns from the last year, and a few key takeaways you can steal (ahem, I mean borrow) from them to make your own content even more powerful.
Cision is a media intelligence service for PR and communications professionals. Their services are valuable, but not particularly exciting. That’s why it was a genius move for them to try something a little of the box with their Public Relations Manifesto eBook. In partnership with influencer Brian Solis (who provided the copy) and Gaping Void (who provided the graphics), they were able to turn an ordinary PDF into something pretty special.
Why It Works
- They leveraged the writing expertise, industry experience, and social network of a key influencer to create better content and distribute that content across the web.
- They employed a humorous tone in both the copy and visuals that makes a pretty dry topic way more engaging.
- Their design and visuals are very non-corporatey, which helps offset the length of the piece.
- Find people who share your business’s core values and tap their expertise for your content program.
- Do something different with your content! Try a new format, a different tone, an original graphic style… anything to break out of your typical creative comfort zone.
Leave a Reply