ABOUT THE BOOK
As much as we multitask, love our devices, and feel like we’re in control, deep down we know that something is off. Shortened attention spans, declines in critical thinking, lack of sleep, self-doubt, and decreased creativity are just some of the effects coming to light in an age of digital distraction. However we might define success and happiness, our ability to make progress toward those goals has gone astray. It’s time to reclaim our lives. It’s time to take control.
As author Brian Solis documents, the corrosive effects of distractions and multitasking are of great importance—and you know you’re capable of more.
Lifescale is a journey of self-discovery and growth. It’s about getting back into balance, and mastering our destinies. Author Brian Solis knows first-hand. He struggled with distraction and all of its ill effects. To get his life back, he developed a set of techniques, exercises, and thought experiments to tame the chaos, and positively and productively navigate our day-to-day lives. Instead of falling victim to the never-ending cycle of newsfeeds, Likes, addictive apps, and boredom scrolling (aka the endless scroll), we can learn to manage our time, and inspire our own lives in a way that will bring meaning back—without sacrificing the benefits our devices bring us.
In Lifescale, Brian has pulled together scientific findings and practical tools. Readers—especially those who are distracted—will connect with the humor, pathos, and inspiration inside. Lifescale provides readers with simple and powerful tools:
- Identify sources of distraction, and turn attention toward creativity and productivity
- Understand and resist the manipulative techniques that turn us into digital addicts
- Find meaning and purpose to guide our time in more meaningful ways
- Visualize future success to effectively dive into deep work and stop procrastinating
- Break bad habits, establish rituals, and implement routines that help you achieve goals