- November 5, 2007
- No Comments
Bartelby Press issued a Social Media Release announcing that Now Is Gone: A Primer on New Media for Executives and Entrepreneurs by Geoff Livingston with yours truly will be available for sale on Monday, November 12th.
In one sitting, the book helps business executives and communications professionals understand social media and how to integrate it into the marketing mix:
- Introduces Social Media, the benefits, and the importance of engaging with influencers and customers directly
- Explains the new culture of two-way conversational marketing
- Inspires and shapes social media strategies to successfully engage communities
- Highlights some of the more common social media promotion tools
- Reveals cultural hurdles a company must face before starting social media outreach
- Provides ways to manage the rapid evolution of social networks and technologies
Social Media is about empowering people to have conversations where they take place. It starts with acknowledging that customers are people and companies are represented by people. The difference today is that it’s not about marketing “at” audiences any longer, it’s about conversations between people. Social Media has empowered almost anyone to earn an influential voice, which in turn sparks conversations that have direct influence with peers. The choice is now with the companies who need to understand the significance Social Media plays in the markets of conversations and how they will participate in order to help and guide their customers.
The book is available for pre-order at Amazon.com.