- October 15, 2012
- No Comments
Pivot Conference Producer, Editorial Director and Host, Brian Solis kicked off the 2012 Pivot Conference in New York City. Held October 15-16, Pivot is the only conference focused on how leaders from big brands and agencies can succeed in a market transformed by Social Consumers.
The conference brings together today’s marketing leaders who recognize the game-changing power of the plugged-in social consumer. Solis developed this year’s theme, “From Social Brands to Social Business” and selected all Pivot speakers.
“This year, Pivot focuses on how technology is impacting business and what to do about it at the executive level. The conference’s goal is to create the environment for those practitioners who are implementing Social from the bottom up by guiding decision makers who can help lead that change from the top-down,” said Solis.
Day one of Pivot will focus on Social Business, the emergence of Social beyond marketing, in customer service, employee management and motivation, product development and business operations.
Day two brings new, deep research into the current state of mind of Social Consumers and the emerging definitions for success in Social marketing. On Tuesday afternoon (10/16), Pivot explores the perspectives of new media powerhouses and takes deep dives into the transformed future of publishing, TV and film.
The Pivot 2012 agenda includes:
- 28 speakers from major brands, including GE, 3M, Coca-Cola, Bravo, Barclay’s Bank, Bloomberg and Sephora
- 18 agency innovator speakers from organizations like 360i, R/GA, Euro RSCG, Edelman and Weber Shandwick
- Three live performances by performers who have built careers via Social, including Rolling Stone Reader’s Choice winner, Karmin, as well as Google+ music sensation Daria Musk and satirist Baratunde Thurston.
- Exclusive research releases from four key brands in media, products, agency and technology
- A national product announcement from a dominant Social platform and a health care giant
- Innovative audience participation debates on divisive issues in Social that knit together
- Pivot’s face-to-face audience with thousands in Pivot’s real-time streaming audience.
- Startling revelations on the roots of Social deep in the human mind.
- Deep insights from industry leaders at Google, Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, Adobe, and Buzzfeed.
The full roster of Pivot speakers can be seen at 2012.pivotcon.com/speakers.
About Brian Solis
Author of the acclaimed new book on social media and business, The End of Business as Usual, Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research-based advisory firm. Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging media on business, marketing, publishing, and culture.