Brian Solis is consistently ranked as one of the top keynote speakers at events around the world. Brian actively keynotes conferences, summits, and corporate events. He is also available to speak to smaller teams and executives and host workshops. Please contact Brian to schedule an introduction or to talk about how he can add value to your or your client’s event and help it become a winning success.
Brian has dedicated his career to understanding digital disruption, predicting trends and helping leaders shape the future they want to see. As a world-renowned keynote speaker, Brian also has a unique gift of humanizing digital trends to make transformation and innovation meaningful and even inspiring. He’s a true storyteller at heart. Even the Disney Institute has quoted his work!
Consistently named a “Top Futurist Speaker” and called “one of the more creative and brilliant business minds of our time,” by Forbes, Brian Solis is an engaging and inspiring speaker who makes our digital future approachable and motivating. Brian features an extensive portfolio of in-demand topics that explore important trends and the role each of us play in reshaping the future.
Brian is not a believer in generic, “one size fits all” presentations. He tailors every speech, no matter which topic you choose, to connect with your theme and audience. He connects the dots for event organizers and attendees and provides tangible value and actionable next steps for everyone. And his motivational approach leaves audiences feeling inspired and empowered.
His approach to talks is designed to serve 3 purposes:
- Educational – Help participants understand what’s different about now, the opportunity before them, what they need to do moving forward, and how to be successful in new endeavors.
- Inspirational/Motivational – Turns audiences into stakeholders by motivating participants to embrace new opportunities and pursue new possibilities.
- Communal – Bring leadership teams and organizations together around a new or renewed vision, mission, and purpose.
Timely Post-Pandemic Speaking Topics
1. Welcome to the Novel Economy: Embracing a New Mindset for Leadership and Innovation.
Welcome to the Novel Economy, a time without precedence or a playbook for navigating disrupted and uncharted paths forward.
Novel means new and unusual and as such, we must reorganize for the next era of the economy and the role we want to play in it. This isn’t a “new normal” nor are we actually striving to the “next normal.” This is an interim normal. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, our Ctrl-Alt-Del moment. Now’s the time to create the future we’ve always dreamed of. This is a time to learn and unlearn. The Novel Economy is yours to shape.
In this inspiring session, Brian will...
- Share how we each play a role in the future of our organization.
- How customers and our teams can learn from one another to open new doors and create new value to survive and thrive in the #NovelEconomy.
- Highlight market dynamics already taking place since March 2020.
- Introduce the three phases that define the next 36 months and break down how to organize digital transformation and digital innovation initiatives to drive resilience, relevance, and growth.
2. The Rise of ‘Generation-Novel’, the Connected and Conscious Customer Created by the Pandemic.
Many customers were already embracing digital rituals in every facet of their lives, but modern disruption in world affairs, the uncertainty and shifting climates of a pandemic, and the evolving economy has expedited the rate at which customers of all types and ages have become digital-first and conscious.
With the evolution of consumer habits and psychology comes adapted behaviors, preferences, and expectations, as well as a resetting of values and a willingness to experiment with other brands, retailers, and services.
In this session, Brian will...
- Introduce Generation-N and their behaviors and characteristics changing the game for CX, business models, and products and services.
- Humanize the new customer to inspire innovative strategies in CX, sales, service, and marketing, and business models.
- Learn how digital empathy and human-centered design will help you build resilience as markets continue to shift and evolve in new directions.
3. WTF (What’s the Future) of… Web 3.0: Introducing the New Wave of Business Opportunities.
In 2011 Brian Solis authored a book on how Web 2.0 would signal the beginning of the “end of business as usual”. Now in 2022, it is the end of business as usual all over again. Yes, the pandemic accelerated the need for businesses to finally upgrade analog mindsets, processes, and success metrics with digital operating customers. With Web 3.0, we’ll need yet another upgrade.
This next iteration of the web, along with decentralized technologies and assets such as cryptocurrencies, NFTs, DAOs, blockchain, (and the promise of a metaverse), are already resetting the new normal while creating unprecedented market opportunities for not just startups, but also savvy and ambitious incumbents.
In this compelling and approachable session, Brian will...
- Make sense of Web3 and every term defining it.
- Visualize what innovative products and services can look in business.
- Outline practical approaches to develop and market Web3 innovation.
- Introduce the roles everyone can play in defining this next chapter of the web.
4. Every Business is Now a Digital Wellness Company: In a Work from Anywhere, Hybrid World, Employee Engagement Takes on New Significance.
In 2022, employee experience is becoming as instrumental in driving business growth as customer experience. New research shows that when companies invest in both EX and CX, they significantly outperform peers. But before we can design innovative employee experiences, leaders must first focus on employee wellness and wellbeing.
While advanced technologies such as AI and automation can improve employee productivity, understanding the impact of remote and hybrid working on employees will reveal a lot more than we realized about mental health, welfare, and performance in work. As Brian notes, we are not just working from home, we are at home, during a pandemic, trying to work and blend life and responsibilities without an instruction manual or guide. Even as the world opens up and new hybrid work models evolve, we’re still in uncharted territory. Brian Solis literally wrote the book on the human effects of living in an always-on digital world and how creativity, purpose, and wellness unlock potential.
In this highly motivational session, Brian will...
- Help employees and leaders understand that changes happening to us and our teams
- Help audiences get a firm grasp on navigating the difficulties, insecurities, and opportunities arising in these novel times.
- Help attendees walk away with confidence in taking control of their days, devices, and habits.
- Help people visualize a new and brighter future for themselves and their teams (and loved ones).
In-Demand Keynote Topics
1. Welcome to 2030: Building the Business of Future, Today, in the Race Against Digital Darwinism
What can we learn from some of the colossal mistakes we have seen a great number of incumbent companies make? How do we survive and thrive in an era of digital Darwinism? And how did everything change so quickly?
Two major success factors are crystalized:
- The rate and ability to embrace and enact digital transformation within the business, And
- The development of leadership change-agents and influencers who champion innovation.
Brian presents this exciting and poignant keynote in a just-in-time session to ensure your business remains relevant in an ever-changing future.
With a magnified focus on your specific industry, Brian will unpack:
- The state and future of digital transformation and how it’s changing businesses at the very core
- How to identify, lead and empower business mavericks and change-makers within your organization and across your industry
- How incumbent companies are making mistakes and what you can do to avoid sealing your own fate in the same way
- What you can do personally to change things for the better in your career and for your company
2. Experience Innovation: The Intersection Where Operational and Business Model Innovation Create Next Generation Customer Experiences.
X marks the spot! Brian Solis knows what it takes to be innovative. As one of the world’s leading voices on the subject, Brian has published numerous reports, books, and has been at forefront of customer experience innovation working with Fortune 500 companies and the startups around the world. In his work, he’s learned that innovative customer experiences help businesses outperform their peers.
In this exciting and captivating keynote Brian visualizes the future of physical, online, and hybrid experiences. He’ll also share his insider knowledge on how to reimagine touchpoints as ignite moments, unify 360 customer journeys, and create enchanting, personal experiences that customers will cherish and seek out.
Audiences will discover:
- How micro-moments are reshaping the new customer journey in each of the four moments of truth
- What’s really at the heart of a great experience
- How experiences become memories and how to connect to people’s hearts and minds
- Why transcending touch points into ignite moments electrify customer journeys
- How to create customer 360 companies that align Brand Experience (BX), Customer Experience (CX), and User Experience (UX) to change how companies work, sell, and serve
- How to design customer experiences that matter to customers what Brian calls, "accidental narcissism"
3. Leadership 2.0: Leading Past Digitization to Build a Culture of Innovation.
A new generation of leaders must build innovative organizations by breaking free from the rigid processes and risk-averse cultures that hold companies and employees back. Business models weren’t the only thing disrupted when the world became digital-first overnight. Leadership itself needs a Ctrl-Alt-Del to compete in this new and still evolving world. Legacy management, rigid processes and mindsets, and risk-averse cultures won’t help businesses compete at the speed and capacity that markets are demanding. But many executives are confusing digitization brought on by 2020 disruption with innovation. There’s a stark difference, however. The adoption of innovative technologies can offer a blinding illusion of making businesses innovative when in actuality, they’re digitizing yesterday’s processes.
Now, leaders must reassess how digital technologies, evolving behaviors and expectations, and innovative leadership and operating models can lead to the creation of new market value. Otherwise, executives will get stuck in a finite cycle of trying to succeed in a digital economy with a pre-digital value proposition. The opportunity for leaders in this new world is to create space for creativity and imagination and an operating culture that helps people nurture their ideas into something transformative and meaningful to unlock new value.
In an engaging and insightful, Brian will:
- Help attendees learn the difference between digitization and digital transformation as well as the defining qualities of iteration, innovation, and disruption
- Inspire the audience to recognize their role in changing and leading change
- Empower the audience embrace creativity and show up differently every day
- Shift perspective to always learn and learn to unlearn
- Help the audience learn to collaborate, ideate, and help one another bring meaningful ideas to life
- Teach and motivate people to believe in themselves and change work routines to unlock new opportunities
4. Hey Mr. Futurist, WTF (What’s The Future) of…
As one of the world’s leading digital anthropologists and futurists, Brian studies how the evolution of technology, business, and culture impact specific industries.
In this specifically tailored keynote presentation, Brian will study your space, goals, and even theme, and share his vision and experiences to help your organization understand and embrace the dynamics defining the rise of digital transformation, innovation, connected consumerism, digital lifestyles and important trends impacting your industry.
Topics include but not limited to...
- Tech, Innovation and Silicon Valley - What is it about Silicon Valley that drives innovation and disruption, what’s the hot new tech and what’s the next big thing?!
- Retail - Brian re-imagines the world of shopping, payments, omnichannel and retail/e-tail for a digital world.
- Leadership vs. Management - Learn how executives lead in roles from the top to bottom, to inspire a more passionate, loyal and profitable workforce.
- Finance Services and Insurance - The future of banking, finance and insurance is so important. Learn from Brian’s in-depth studies centered deeply on UX (user experience).
- Travel and Hospitality – Learn about the future of tourism, travel and experiences.
A Collection of Brian’s Other Popular Topics
1. Business (R)evolution and New Leadership
Digital Darwinism: How incumbent companies are making mistakes that are sealing their fates and how to do to survive and thrive in an era of digital Darwinism.
Digital Transformation: The State and future of digital transformation and how it’s changing businesses at the very core.
New Leadership: Rally your change agents and business mavericks to inspire change from within!
2. Customer Experience and Service Innovation
From CX to DCX to X: How integrated and frictionless digital customer experiences will revolutionize the entire customer experience.
Introducing Generation-C: See the world through the eyes of modern customers. Meet Generation C, your connected customer and why Millennials and kids aren’t the only customers changing the world.
Experience Design as the New Brand: An experience divide exists between your brand promise and what people experience and share. Learn how to create experiences that engender fans and builds wildly successful relationships throughout the customer lifecycle.
3. Silicon Valley and Disruptive Innovation
Hey Mr. Futurist, What’s the Future of…?: What is it about Silicon Valley that drives innovation and disruption? What’s the next big disruption? What’s the future of my industry? How can legacy businesses think and act like startups?!
A Prelude to Innovation: Before every game-changing idea or every incredible story of innovation, there are moments that set the stage for greatness. Brian shares life lessons from being on the front lines of Silicon Valley for 20 years and the common steps that lead to personal transformation and ultimately ideation and innovation.
4. The Future of Work
Cultivating a Culture of Innovation: Now’s the time for Culture 2.0 and a new era of leadership (over management). Learn about the 12 pillars of innovation and how companies are investing in new cultures to nurture innovation internally.
Robots Need Not Apply: How to design the future workforce. Workforces and intellectual capital are aging. New expertise is in demand. AI and RPA (robotic process automation) are taking jobs. Learn how to identify and train/hire for the jobs of the future.
5. Marketing Innovation
CX and the A.R.T. of Engagement: Customer experience is the sum of all interactions a customer has with your brand throughout their journey and lifecycle. As such, experience is the new marketing and marketing is the new CX. Brian shares how to redesign touchpoint to meaningfully engage people through the modern customer journey.
The P2P (People to People) Manifesto: There is no more B2B or B2C when it comes to engaging customers and stakeholders. It’s now about P2P…people to people. Brian shares the pillars of his “P2P Manifesto,” key insights and case studies help CMOs, CDOs and CX and marketing executives reimagine human-to-human engagement.
6. Lifescale: Self-Innovation and Exponential Growth
The Great Hack (Behind the Screens): Our favorite apps and devices have changed our lives for better and also for the worse. It’s the latter where the story gets interesting. Attention is a currency. The more of it that we give something, the more it can be monetized. But it’s just a matter of time before our attention moves on to something else. Using what’s called Persuasive Design, many of the biggest networks and device manufacturers continue to invest in changing our behaviors to engage us, lock us in and keep us consumer and sharing more and more every day. Brian shares the secrets of what’s happening “behind the screens” to reveal how we were hacked, what it’s doing to us and how to take control.
Defeating Digital Distractions: Social media, notifications, alerts, scrolling, the constant tugging of our devices, we are not only always-on, we are always distracted. Those distractions speed up our lives, thin our presence and stifle our capabilities. Over time, distractions take a deep (and deepening) toll on us, namely loss of creativity, memory, focus, productivity, originality, happiness and more. In this important session, Brian shares how to gain new skills, change our behaviors and live everyday toward a more creative, productive and happy life.
“The futurist we all need now.”
– The Conference Board
“A Silicon Valley staple”
– KGO Radio
“One of the 21st century business world’s leading thinkers”
“30 Digital Experts to Follow”
“Top 25 Virtual Keynote Speakers”
– Read Write
"Brian is the digital GOAT.”
– Doug Paladini, Global Brand President, Vans
“Top 10 People to Know in Silicon Valley”
– Huffington Post
“Influential Leader of the Year”
– CRM Magazine
“Twitter 140: Music Industry Characters to Follow”
“25 Twitter Accounts That Will Make You Smarter”
Brian is available to keynote conferences, summits and corporate events.
He is also available to speak to smaller teams and executives. If you'd like to explore working with him, please send an email and the team will get back to you straight away.